Had another fun filled weekend. Learned 1 new recipe and visited one amazing picnic spot in the green hills near Pune. Looks like am developing a new love for cooking .. :)
This time its eggs. This is sort of a mix between the Spanish omelette and our very own Indian version - masala omelette. Here goes the simple recipe:
- Cut some veggies you would like with the egg - onions, tomatoes, capsicum, mushrooms, corn and beans. We'll add green chilies and coriander leaves for garnishing.
- Heat some oil in a pan and add all above veggies to it. Cover and keep for some time till the veggies specially the beans are tender and cooked well. Add salt to taste.
- For the omelette, beat 2 eggs and add salt and pepper to it. Put some butter on a heated pan and pour in the beaten eggs. Add some mixed herbs on top to give that exotic flavoring.
- Once the omelette is cooked from one side, flip it. On the cooked side, pour some cooked veggies and top it with some grated cheese. Till then the other side would be cooked as well.
- Finally just roll the sides of the egg to make it look like a folded spanish omelette. At any point, you can add more butter, herbs, cheese or other garnishing to add on the flavor.
- Serve it with garlic bread and ketchup ... :)
We finished it with some sinful desert - Chocolate truffle cake with a 'Happy Weekend' etched on it to make it more interesting.
The weekend trip was another whole story. Had been to a seasonal waterfall near Bhimashankar about 70-80kms from Pune. It is an off-beat destination and it was just us visiting it. So made it almost like a private waterfall .. :D
Sharing some snaps here. Full details in my next blog ...