Spaghetti Bolognese ..
Spaghetti Bolognese - I never knew much about this dish earlier and always thought such exotic sounding dishes were very difficult to make. But I was pleasantly suprised when I came across an easy receipe for Spaghetti bolognese. Ok, so this may not exactly be bolognese since it does not have any beef or any meat at all for that matter. But it's a happy vegetarian version of the exotic spaghetti bolognese.
- chopped vegeis like onions, tomatoes, carrots, mushrooms and some fresh parsley/corriander for that subtle flavor (i prefer corriander since i'm more used to it's taste then parsley - but i accidentally got parsley so here it goes .. :))
- peas and corn
- shredded cheese mix for seasoning
- mixed herbs for seasoning
- salt to taste
- tomato ketchup - I love adding this instead of canned/pured tomatoes
- Heat a pan and add some oil to it. I'm more used to our normal vegetable oil rather than olive oil.
- Add the onions and saute them till they turn tender.
- Next are the carrots, mushrooms, fresh parsley, peas and corn. Again saute for some time till carrots are tender
- Tomatoes and a little ketchup on top. Some amounts of water can also be added to give it a good consistency
- Add salt/pepper for taste and bring it to a boil.
- Cook the spaghetti as per the instructions on the pack.
- Most pack instructions or online receipes mention adding some salt to the boiling water while cooking the spaghetti. I too followed the same and it gives a good taste to the spaghetti.
- Once the spaghetti is cooked and the bolognese sauce is sufficiently boiled, we are ready to serve
Put some spaghetti on a plate
Top it with some sauce
add some mixed herbs and shredded cheese
a leaf of parsley to give it that professional touch ... *ting* ... :D
You can have some salad or chilli toast on the side and make it a meal.